Pranayama:The sacred art and science to master vitality
About The Workshop
This workshop will provide instruction and practice of pranayama techniques that you can integrate and weave into your current practice.
In this workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of the yogic philosophy behind the importance and relevance of pranayama.
- Grasp the elusive and mystical world of prana by understanding the nature of energy, where it comes from, how it circulates and how to cultivate it.
- Learn and practice various pranayama techniques including kapalabhati, shitali, Bhastrika, Nadi Sodhana, Brahmari, Diaphragm Breathing, Rechaka and Kumbaka.
- Master the breath as a tool to develop a greater oxygen intake, detoxify the body, balance the autonomic nervous system, heal past trauma and boost vitality.
- Practice the integration of pranayama within a complete asana series, followed by a guided meditation.
- Develop a series of techniques for your personal practice.
Date: Saturday 16th November